Saturday 26 May 2007

Meat Loaf Review!

Last night I went to my 2nd gig in as many weeks at Wembley Arena. This time I went to see Meat Loaf perform on his Bat Out Of Hell III tour with Marion Raven. I have always been a fan of Meat Loaf but I was equally excited about seeing Marion Raven in the flesh after admiring her for many months on you tube and other pictures, especially as today was her birthday!

Although the gig was promoted as the Bat Out Of Hell III tour they actually performed songs for all three Bat Out Of Hell albums which made the gig better as it appealed to all the generations of fans and because some of the classics are from previous albums.

When Meat Loaf appeared on stage it was accompanied with music and videos on the big screen from earlier in his career and he was sporting long hair how he use to have it but halfway through the first song of the night Paradise By The Dashboard Lights Marion Raven revealed she found old men who wore cheap wigs embarrassing and pulled it off to reveal it was indeed a "cheap wig" before Meat Loaf revealed it wasn't a cheap wig because cheap wigs cost £20 and his had actually cost him £32.


The next song that was performed was You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Nights) and after Meat Loaf had finished performing it he started talking about London and somebody shouted out from the audience and this was Meat Loaf's response!


After this Meat Loaf performed some tracks form Bat Out Of Hell II and started with Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back, followed by one of his biggest hits I'D Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That), Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer and Out Of The Frying Pan (And Into The Fire.) which had some good effects because every time the word fire was said flames ignited from the back of the stage.


It was about an hour into the show when Meat Loaf got on to his Bat Out Of Hell III - The Monster Is Loose Album from which he performed Blind As A Bat, Bad For Good, In The Land Of The Pig The Butcher Is King, If It Ain't Broke Break It and then he announced it was Marion Raven's birthday (something that I already knew) and they performed It's All Coming Back To Me Now.


Not surprisingly the last song before the Encore was the mammoth Bat Out Of Hell which you can see below.


For the encore Meat Loaf performed the Rolling Stones classic Gimme Shelter. It was a great night which I thoroughly enjoyed and I was very lucky to see two great gigs performed by artists at the top of their game. I was glad I got to see Marion Raven in the flesh and I thought I found her attractive before last night but after seeing her she has moved on to my top 3 most attractive woman and its not fair that I will never have her.


Finally I couldn't finish this blog without uploading this clear, up close video of her performing. Damn she is so fine - It ain't fair!


She was the one in the white by the way not in the black with long hair!



No comments: