Monday 25 June 2007

Wimbledon!

Weather permitting today sees the start of Wimbledon. For the next 13 days the best men and woman competitors will be in action. Unfortunelty Andy Murray will not be taking part as he hasn't recovered from his wrist injury so I can't see Britain having anyone left in either draw by the weekend.

My favourites for the title this year are Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova. Federer is virtually unbeatable on grass and will be trying to equal the great Bjorn Borg record of winning 5 straight Wimbledon titles. The Womans draw is alot more open with Justine Henin the top seed but I think Maria has the power to beat her and crucially Maria has experience of winning Wimbledon at the tender age of 17 and this is the only slam that Henin hasn't won which could play on her mind. Maria also got to the final of the Nottingham tournament last week on grass and I watch every match she plays and she is looking as good as I have seen her for a while.

No comments: